Friday, February 10, 2006

I don't get it. My dad has always been the bread winner in the family. My step-mom never worked. Yet, my dad helped around the house. He realized that my step-mom couldn't, nor should she have to, do it all on her own. I don't understand why my husband feels the need to bitch about helping out. Yesterday, I cleaned the bathrooms, did 3 loads of laundry, emptied the dish washer, did my homework, took care of my 16 month old daughter, fed dinner to and took my 8 year old son to baseball practice. I was a bit rushed before we left as I had to get the baby ready, make sure her bag was packed full of baby essentials, make sure my son was fed and dressed and go. I didn't have time to put the dishes in the dish washer and when we got home I was wiped-out and went straight to bed. I hear my husband start to curse and complain about the dishes in the sink. It amazes me how much of a slob this man was when I met him. He was, in one word, disgusting. Before I went back to school and before I had the baby, I was able to clean the house like a full time job. I had hardly any responsibilities other than making sure my son was taken care of. But now, I am not able to be a full time maid, as I am also a student and new Mama. He became used to a clean house and used to not having to do anything but come home from work and sit his ass on the couch and watch TV. I took care of all the cooking and cleaning. Now, that I need his help, I have to hear him bitch about it all the time. How frustrating.

No comments: